Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

I have always loved a good thunderstorm. The excitement of the thunder, the comforting sound of the rain---I love it all. And since moving to Savannah, where, as I think I might have mentioned once or twice, the average daily temperature seems to hover somewhere between scalding and sweltering, I particularly love how the daily thunderstorms cool everything down.  Every afternoon, just as the concrete begins to radiate heat waves that are visible to the naked eye, the skies open up and leave the world a much more manageable place.

My love for our daily storms, however, is not shared with everyone in my house. While John and I look forward to the storms, Barksdale is totally indifferent to the weather. Often he will retreat to the Wolf Den (under the bed) and take a nap while John and I watch Mother Nature's show.




Once in a while, however, Barksdale will come and hang out with us. In fact, I even stumbled upon this scene of BD and John watching the storm together earlier this afternoon.

                  This is  ridiculously cute

The only problem with the storms is that they seem to begin promptly at 5pm--just as we would usually be heading out on our afternoon walks.  And while John and I may be sitting on the couch enjoying the calming effect of the rain, recently, BD has retreated to the corner of the back bedroom to take care of what needs to be done.

And this, my friends, is why we love Enviropet.


Enviropet is an enzyme-based cleaning carpet and upholstery cleaner that is completely safe to have around dogs, babies, and other living things.  And the best part is that it works really well!

We've tried our fair share of pet-stain removing formulas over the years and this is our favorite.  At first we tried the all natural cleaners from Trader Joes (sob...I miss you TJ!) and when those didn't work well we finally gave in and went for the Resolve.  But no matter how safe Resolve claims to be, I'm suspect based on the smell alone.

Enviropet does a bang-up job on even the whitest carpet and it has quickly become one of John's favorite dog-related purchases of all time. And because it's all natural I don't even mind having the culprit himself sitting near me as I clean up after him. 

And really, with a face like this, how could anyone in their right mind ever object to having him nearby?


1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of John and BD!!! Welcome to the South girly...gotta love the rain and the heat!!! I think Beegie and BD will be fast cousins! :)

    ReplyDelete