Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy 4th!

The Fourth of July holiday is special for me for a couple of reasons; the main one being that it is when John proposed to me here in Savannah one year ago. We were on our way to eat dinner at the fantastic Sapphire Grill when he pulled me aside on the street and proposed. :)
mmmm....Delicious

To celebrate, we are heading up to Atlanta for the weekend! We thought it would be a fun place to explore since neither of us know the city well and we are in the mood to try something new. I'll be sure to fill you all in on the dog-related things we do and find when I return.


In the meantime, for any dogs that are sticking around Savannah over the weekend, be sure to pull your owners out to TailsSpin where you'll find a veritable dog party on the 4th. There will be micro-chipping, a dog wash, a BBQ, and a pet adoption fair, in the Habersham Village parking lot. The best part is that all of the money raised will go to various pet rescue agencies in the area. You can find out more about it here.




For those of you who don't know TailsSpin, it's a pretty well-stocked pet store in the Ardsley Park neighborhood. I've been a couple of times to grab some essentials and they generally have what I've been looking for. It's a great place to go if you are just looking to pick something up for your dog and you are in the area--However I do wish that it was a bit warmer of an atmosphere and that it felt like a place where I could have some fun shopping with Barksdale.


Anyway, have a happy and a safe Fourth of July everyone! 








No comments:

Post a Comment